Call for Special Session Proposals – now closed
The ISCAS 2014 technical program will include Special Sessions. Their objective is to complement the regular program with new or emerging topics of particular interest to the circuits and systems community that may also cut across and beyond disciplines traditionally represented at ISCAS. Special Sessions aligned with the conference theme “Nano/bio circuits and systems applied to enhancing living and lifestyles” are especially welcome. Each session comprises 5 presentations of 18 minutes each. The first paper in a Special Session may serve as an introduction to the field, aimed at outsiders.
Prospective organizers of Special Sessions should submit proposals indicating:
- Title of the session
- Rationale of the need for the Special Session at ISCAS. The rationale should stress the novelty of the topic and its multidisciplinary flavor (if any)
- Short biography of the organizers
- List of five (5) contributed papers (including titles, authors, contact information of the corresponding author, and a short abstract of each contribution). Organizers should not contribute more than one paper.
- Preliminary full version of the overview paper is desirable. If submitted, it enhances the chances of proposal acceptance.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic, the qualifications of the organizers and the authors of the contributed papers, the balance of the topics across the technical areas represented in CAS, and the presence and quality of the overview paper. Endorsement of the proposal by at least one CAS technical committee is encouraged, but not required for consideration. Note that Special Session proposals on topics that clearly belong to well established (sub) tracks of ISCAS will not be accepted.
- Special Session Proposals due: Friday, 20 September 2013
- Notification of acceptance of the Special Session: Friday, 4 October 2013
- Submission of full four-page papers for approved Special Sessions: Friday, 1 November 2013
- Notification of paper acceptance: Friday, 10 January 2014
- Deadline for submission of final papers: Friday, 14 February 2014
After Special Session proposals are approved, manuscripts may be submitted to the special sessions and should conform to the formatting and electronic submission guidelines of regular ISCAS papers. Papers will undergo the same review process as regular papers, but somewhat faster. It is the responsibility of the organizers to ensure that their Special Session papers meet ISCAS quality standards. If, at the end of the review process, fewer than four (4) papers are accepted, the session will be canceled and the accepted papers will be moved to regular sessions.
Proposals should be sent via e-mail (in either PDF or plain ASCII text format) to the Special Session chairs, Tony Chan Carusone (email@example.com), Wei Xing Zheng (W.Zheng@uws.edu.au) and Oscar Au (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the September 13, 2013 deadline.